Kids surf lessons in Waikiki Beach
Waikiki Beach Kids Surf lessons are the best activity in Hawaii for kids. Little kid surfing option. Reasons why kids learn to surf. Surf skills.
Every child or teen should get involved in surfing, even it’s just a few days — Kids Surf Lessons in Waikiki Beach it is all about fun, smiles, and sun. So while your kids learn to surf, they enjoy the ocean, gain confidence with it in a playful way and it helps to develop their mental health. Above all your kid can find camaraderie and make friends which last for life.
Don’t miss the best activities in Hawaii for your kids.
Choosing kid surf lessons
Learning to surf can do wonders to establish important skills in the sea which will hold them in good stead for years to come. First, you need to choose the appropriate method for your kid’s learning.
1 HR Surfing Lesson is highly recommended for kids.
Nothing beats having your own private surf instructor. So we find that clients who choose private lessons tend to progress at a faster rate. We highly recommend the one-on-one private lesson for any kid under 12 years old. This is not only for safety reasons but also because the 11 feet surfboards can be difficult to handle for little kids.
Lesson prices start at $110.
Tandem surf lesson
A Tandem surfing lesson is a great way to get involved your little kid (4-8 yo) in surfing. Get your kids on the front for some tandem surfing lesson. Two people on one board, with the surf instructor controlling the board and picking the waves! So teaching kids how to surf is one of the most rewarding things you can do. When your little kid surfing, the smile on their face as they ride their very first wave is almost as good as riding a wave yourself.
Lesson prices start at $150
Group Surf Lessons
Kids surf classes in Waikiki operate on a ratio of 1 instructor to 4 children (for children aged 12-16 years old) to ensure quality.
So requirements for your child to join a group lesson:
- 12 years or older
- able to swim 100 meter
- be able to handle an 11 feet surfboard
Otherwise, a one-on-one private lesson is recommended.
Surf Package (3, 5, or 10 Lessons)
These lessons are of great value and make surfing a regular activity in your child’s life.
3 LESSONS: will teach your child to not only stand, but handle themselves in the waves and have a basic knowledge of the ocean.
5 LESSONS: will get your child standing in the surf, but also catching waves by themselves, with the confidence they will require continuing on for years to come.
10 LESSONS: your child will improve surf turns, so very important for safe surfing.
Our Waikiki surf lesson prices, it will pleasantly surprise you.
Why do kids learn to surf
If you force kids to surf, they’re going to have a bad experience, and that’s the worst thing that can happen. So, let them become comfortable with the whole environment before they catch their first wave. Then they will recognize it as something that’s fun. Our vision is to create experiences that will enhance kids’ appreciation for an active and healthy lifestyle. Therefore in our lessons, we achieve this in a playful way.
Let your kids learn to surf and have fun with Kahu Surf School.
What do the lessons give?
Surfing is tiring and exerts lots of energy! Moreover, this can be great for a child who has a boundless supply of energy, and we find that excitable children become focused and engaged when learning to surf.
- It’s a great way to balance energy and give children focus
- Students are usually calm and relaxed after spending an hour in the sea
- Kids lessons build a foundation of fitness, strength, endurance, flexibility and coordination which can easily translate into other disciplines and positively affect in life
- It helps them to develop skills such as perseverance, dedication and determination payoff
- They understand how to negotiate breaking waves and avoid potential dangers
Basic surf skills
During the lesson, we focus on important surf skills. Above all we cover the basics from warm-up to paddling, catching waves, and standing while on the surfboard.
Use surf etiquette, safety measures how to:
- Fall down from the board safely,
- Escape waves you don’t want or cannot catch,
- Go in the water and go out of the water safely,
Handling board how to:
- Turn forehand and backhand,
- Paddle through waves,
- Stand up using the easiest technique and faster,
- Get longer rides,
Taking a good position on how to:
- Put your body while paddling and how to paddle efficiently,
- Position yourself in the waves so you can catch the waves,
- Stand while riding the waves.
Read surf conditions:
Wave theory is an important part of lessons, it helps significantly improve surf skills.
- We teach kids how waves are formed,
- Different types of waves and winds they will encounter while they are on the beach
- Identify rips and sweeps,
- Stay safe in the water.
Read & identify good waves to catch:
- Recognizing safe areas is also a very important surf skill.
Thus, due to this approach, your kids will learn main surf skills to understand how to play with the power of the wave, instead of fight against it.
KAHU SURF SCHOOL — enjoy the best activities in Hawaii, we are dedicated to making your little kid surfing experience one of the memory for a lifetime!