KAHU SURF SCHOOL IN HONOLULU
Why choose Kahu Surf School in Honolulu?
Kahu Surf School in Waikiki Beach is the best place for beginner surfers in Honolulu! Guaranteed to Stand Up on a Surfboard. Professional. High-Quality Surfboards. Whether you’re 7 or 65 years old, a first-timer or someone who has tried surfing before – Kahu Surf School in Waikiki Beach is here to help you learn! We value traditions and make the ancient Hawaiian sport of surfing approachable for you.
Honolulu is one of the beautiful places. The name of the city is “calm port” in Hawaiian. Above all, you will enjoy its views, beaches, perfect waves, and its warm and cloud-free climate as well.
Passion for surfing here is an ancient tradition. That’s why Kahu Surf School in Waikiki Beach is the best place for beginner surfers!
We offer surf lessons right behind The Duke Kahanamoku Statue. Duke Kahanamoku is a Native Hawaiian surfer and the Olympic gold swimmer. In other words, he was the first person who popularized the sport of surfing around the world.
Guaranteed to stand up on a surfboard
Start surfing, it’s all about practice – balance, strength, and flexibility. So we guarantee you will stand up and ride at least one wave on your first surf lesson. We use high-quality surfboards the price is included in your lesson.
- First of all, we’ll start with instruction and a safety briefing on land.
- Secondly, we will teach you how to control the center of mass and the base of support.
- Thirdly, how to paddling out to the waves.
- And finally, what is proper movement, how to surf with the correct style and stay injury-free as well.
Consider Kahu Surf School in Honolulu’s famous Waikiki Beach to be your first surfing destination. We share our love for surfing life with anyone who will join us.
So if you want to stand up faster, then one on one surf lessons is the best choice for you.
What are the advantages?
- Personalized attention. Collaborate more with your instructor and become more self-directed.
- Сustomized technique & high-quality surfboards. You have the opportunity to receive lessons that are suited to your individual needs and abilities.
- Ability to learn at your own pace. The informality of private lessons is an advantage as it can be less stressful and less time-consuming.
Located in Honolulu’s famous Waikiki Beach
Surfing culture is most popular in Hawaii because this state offers the best surf conditions for beginners.
So what are the ideal conditions for practicing surfing?
- Small waves that crumble and break softly.
- A sandy seabed which is generally safer.
Therefore Honolulu’s famous Waikiki Beach that is located on the pacific south coast nearby Diamond Head is the best place for beginner surfers, and half of it is marked off for surfing. Lessons are offered straight behind Duke Kahanamoku Statue.
Waikiki Beach offers the best conditions for your surfing.
- The water is quite shallow for long-distance and the average temperature here is warm, ranging between 81°F (27.2°C) in September and 76°F (24.4°C) in March.
- The waves are slow and calm. You will get a long wave ride all year round.
- The surf is known for its long rolling break.
Surf School in Waikiki Beach is the perfect place for beginner surfers and kids to learn to surf.
So you can build their confidence, often resulting in fast progress over the first lesson.
Surf school in Waikiki Beach – Professional instructors
Learn to surf in Hawaii with Paulo. Не is a real waterman and Big Wave Surfer with more than 30 years of experience as a surf instructor.
Certified by the State of Hawaii “DLNR”. CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification) and Lifeguard certified, Kahu Surf School is the best choice for your first step.
So during the lessons, you will get a lot of tips and useful information as well.
We will teach you how:
- to stand up on a surfboard and control over your balance
- to choose a take-off position in practice
These skills are determined by experience at reading wave characteristics, feeling the movement of the wave and it is most important to learn from professionals.
Your safety and health is our main priority:
- During the lesson, we recommend to use proper equipment, e.g. earplugs, sunglasses, swimsuit and etc.
- We always start with instruction and a safety briefing.
- Followed by having a proper warm-up as well. It is very important to prevent injuries.
- For beginners, we use high-quality surfboards. It’s safer and has more rowing speed and stability.
So you are safe in our hands. Above all, you can relax and enjoy the moment.
You’ll meet our lead instructor Paulo and learn how to surf in no time.
A Surf Lesson in Honolulu with professionals will give you a lot of fun and improve your confidence.
High-quality surfboards and equipment provide safety and fast learning
With high-quality surfboards you are sure that equipment is very safe in the water, making it much easier for a first-timer to stand up on a surfboard.
Basically, you will learn to catch waves on the high-quality surfboard the 8 ft (240 cm) to 10 ft (300 cm) surfboard size. But you can also choose any other board during the lesson.
So foam surfboards are also called soft top surfboards. Due to the softness, the chance of getting injured is essentially minimized.
How to improve your surf skills faster?
- If you are a beginner to surfing, one of the best ways to start surfing by using a foam surfboard which incredibly buoyant, provides the stability and flotation required when learning.
- At the same time your surf lessons can be captured on action camera for analysis your style and fast learning.
Appreciate Waikiki surf videos and photos with GoPro.
Our high-quality surfboards include action cameras as well. Our surfboards are compatible with GoPro accessories.
VIDEO PACKAGE ADVANTAGES
- Easily film your surf technique while you are riding
- Share your Waikiki surf videos and photos with the world
- Analyze your style and make corrections
If you book a package (3, 5 or 10 surf lessons) we use a surf video analysis to improve your surf technique.
The best value for money
Our Waikiki surf lesson prices will surprise you. Above all our guests have the best possible experience learning to surf in Honolulu’s famous Waikiki Beach.
So Kahu surf school in Honolulu offers:
1-hour & 2-hours one on one lessons, group surf lessons as well as surf packages, are offered to suit your needs and abilities.
Semi-Private Surf Lesson in Honolulu is perfect for couples or a group of two friends who want to take lessons together. So you can ride up to 5-12 waves during the 1-hour lesson and up to 10-20 waves during the 2-hour surf lesson.
No surfing experience necessary & guaranteed to stand up on a surfboard
Lessons for everyone with Kahu Surf School in Honolulu
With surf instruction one-on-one you will learn faster, but group lessons have also many benefits for you. It does, however, demand a slightly different mindset compared with private lessons.
- Group lessons are much more fun
- You have to work as a team
- One of the most enjoyable aspects of group lessons is seeing how quickly progress can be made through natural teamwork practice
- You can learn from friends mistakes as well
- The price is more flexible
In other words, Waikiki beach is the best place for beginner surfers and our Waikiki surf lessons prices are very flexible.
To surf is not just about a water sport or good exercise, it is also mental health. If you are depressed or anxious, surfing will definitely make you feel better.
So many people make getting in the water a part of their everyday activity, even if it means getting up early or spend free time after work in the ocean, just to catch a couple of waves.
Located at Waikiki Beach Kahu Surf School in Honolulu is the best choice for you to get started.
Feel free to contact Kahu Surf School!